Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Blog #3 Jan 26, 2011





What I talked about in my blog on Tuesday about organizing was movies and how me and my family organize our movies differently.  Of course everyone in my family is open to each others movies, even I don't buy most of the movies I like, I wait till my family might be interested in it also because I'm a broke college student haha.  Someone else could probably organize our movies by action, comedy, thriller, love, romantic comedies and the sorts.  But when you think about this tree with branches, you can either lump up actions and thrillers together, or slice up action with comedy action or just comedies.  Their are so many different ways of organizing movies.  Its crazy.  Of course organizing it in the tree branch kind of way is easier for everyone in the household to look for a certain type of a movie, IF you remember what the movie was about, what type of movie it was, and how it looks like.  But in my family we watch movies over and over again, for me, I can watch Independence Day a lot haha.  All I have to do is look up section and reach on the top left corner of the shelf, and there it is, independence DAY!!! HIP HOP HOORAY. But if someone else organized it differently, they could have that movie in a different place on th shelf because maybe there not tall enough, or its easier to access somewhere else.  Maybe they don't watch that movie as much as I do and put it in a place where all the old movies go.  


I think the way I organize my movies are basically lumping up all of my favorites I watch a lot, and leaving all the ones I rarely watch with my families organizations.  And if I want to watch one of theirs, I ask them. This probably says that im selfish because I put my movies in the tallest part so I can reach them while others in my family cant really, "my step dad is shorter then me also and my mom is filipino haha."  And It probably says I value my favorites a lot more then say blue rays or newer movies, because I'm broke and I cant even buy new movies a lot.  And maybe I'am a pack rat, packing all in one section, but thats the easiest for me to remember.  Its like a semi messy room, if someone else comes in and fixes it their way, you'l loose EVERYTHING. I don't mean to really loose it, but you'l have a hard time finding things that were yours that you use to find in a second.  With that being said, I think everyones TREE looks differently, shape, length, height, everything.  And whats better for me might not be better for you, but its all good, because we have the internet, and Google haha.

1 comment:

  1. I'm definitely a lumper with physical objects, but more of a splitter with digital objects. I likely do this because I find it way easier to split digitally. I live in a very small house, so I can only physically split things so much...I just don't have the room. Lumps make sense.

    ReplyDelete